IVE Higher Diploma in
Hotel and Catering
Programme code HT114101
Duration of Study
· 2 Years
Mode of Study
· Full Time
Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)
· IVE (Chai Wan)
· IVE (Haking Wong)
· 2708 5383
- This programme aims to prepare students with the necessary professional knowledge and skills to pursue their career in the hotel and catering industry. The Programme focuses on both theory and practical training. Through simulated working environments and industrial attachment, students can acquire relevant technical competences and professional knowledge of the industry.
- Students who have completed designated modules are eligible to sit for awards examinations recognised by relevant international professional bodies.
- Graduates can start their careers at entry level in the hotel and catering industry. After accumulating further operational and supervisory experiences in management position, they can be promoted to supervisory or middle management positions, such as Front Office Manager, Executive Housekeeper, Guest Relations Manager, Reservations Manager, Restaurant Manager, Banquet Sales and Service Manager, etc.
Professional Core Modules
- Front Office Supervision
- Sustainable Operations in the Hospitality Industry
- Food & Beverage Operations Management Projects
- Hospitality Marketing Management
Please refer to Admission Homepage for full programme details, entrance requirement and latest information. (www.vtc.edu.hk/admission)
VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / class venue(s) before class commencement if circumstances so warrant.
Top-up degree programmes:
BA (Hons) in Hotel Operations Management, THEi
BSc (Hons) International Hospitality Business Management, SHU (*251510)
BA (Hons) International Hospitality and Tourism Management, UNN (*250997)
*Non-local Higher and Professional Education Course Registration Number
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.
Amelia Hong Kong - Head Sommelier
- IVE Graduate of Higher Diploma in Hotel and Catering Management
- BSc (Hons) International Hospitality Business Management, Sheffield Hallam University
- Scholarship awardee of “Dr Ng Tat-lun Memorial Outstanding Students Award Scheme”
- Teamed up with fellow IVE Hospitality students to participate in “Left Bank Bordeaux Cup Competition 2018” in Hong Kong - 1st runner-up