IVE Higher Diploma in Tourism and MICE
Programme code HT114102
Duration of Study
· 2 Years
Mode of Study
· Full Time
Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)
· IVE (Chai Wan)
· IVE (Haking Wong)
· 2957 5718
- This programme aims to facilitate students to pursue their careers in the Tourism and Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions (MICE) industry. This curriculum is designed with an emphasis on practical job knowledge and skills, generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation. Students will acquire their professional knowledge through a wide spectrum of related subjects, and develop their technical competence through practices in simulated workplace and industrial attachment.
- Students may choose Travel Industry Management Stream or MICE and Event Management Stream to pursue professional knowledge and skills in specific areas.
- Semester one is common to all students. Starting from Semester two, students will continue their study by stream till the completion of the programme. The streaming criteria are based on the number of places available in each stream of the offering campus, the choice of students and their academic performance.
- Graduates can start their careers at entry level in the Tourism, MICE and tourism event industry. After accumulating the required operational experiences, they can be promoted to supervisory or middle managerial positions such as Airline Ground Services Supervisor, Travel Consultant, Tour Operations Manager, Ticketing Manager, Project Officer, Event Manager, Convention / Exhibition Project Manager, Event Marketing Manager, Event Services Manager, etc.
Professional Core Modules
- Business and Leisure Travel Operations
- Airline Industry and Operations
- Festivalisation in Event Tourism
- Sustainable Convention and Exhibition Planning and Management
Please refer to Admission Homepage for full programme details, entrance requirement and latest information. (www.vtc.edu.hk/admission)
VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / class venue(s) before class commencement if circumstances so warrant.
Top-up degree programmes:
BSc (Hons) International Tourism Management, SHU (*251421)
BSc (Hons) Events and Leisure Management, SHU (for students from MICE and Event Management Stream only) (*251420)
BA (Hons) International Hospitality and Tourism Management, UNN (*250997)
*Non-local Higher and Professional Education Course Registration Number
Director of Business Development, AsiaWorld-Expo Management Limited
- IVE Graduate of Higher Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- MBA, University of South Australia (AUS)