Teaching & Learning
The Discipline adopts a practical approach to teaching and learning with assignments, case studies, simulations and projects introduced at different stages of all courses. To supplement the taught curriculum, prominent industry professionals are invited as guest speakers to share their expert knowledge concerning the latest trends and development of the relevant industries with the students. To widen the students’ exposure, field trips and site visits to hotels, restaurants, theme parks and related organisations are also organized.
Each course includes one or more of the following vocational cores, namely:
- International Hospitality Management
- Hotel Food and Beverage Services; Rooms Division Operations
- Inbound or Outbound Travel; e-Tourism
- Airlines and Cruise Management
- Airline Planning
- Airline Catering
- Meeting, Incentive, Convention and Exhibition (MICE) Planning
- Theme Parks and Attractions Management
- Leisure Services and Events Programming
- Clubhouse Operations and Management
- Sport Science and Coaching
- Sports Administration and Facility Management
The above studies are integrated with other essential knowledge, such as language and communication, and business subjects such as sales and marketing, accounting, management and information technology.
To strengthen the competitiveness of Hospitality students, IVE sponsors students to sit for the following professional examinations:
- Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level Award in Wines;
- CIEH Foundation Certificate in Food Safety;
- Certificate Course for Outbound Tour Escorts;
- Certificate Course in Safety and Hygiene for Swimming Pool and Spa Supervisors;
- Advanced Fitness Coaching Certificate.