IVE Higher Diploma in International Hotel Management with Smart Service
Programme code HT114109
Duration of Study
· 2 Years
Mode of Study
· Full Time
Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)
· IVE (Chai Wan)
· 2957 5718
- This programme aims to prepare students with conventional hotel operation skills and to nurture creativity and ideation abilities through learning smart technology application, like Smart Service Design and Digital Visualization for Hotels, to cope with the smart hotel trend in 21st century through workplace learning and assessment.
- Students will have opportunities to be trained and to learn in different tiers of hotels to acquire relevant industrial competencies throughout the 2 years of studies.
- After completion of the higher diploma, students can articulate to the one-year top-up honours degree programme offered by SHAPE and the UK partner universities. Then apply for the supervisory trainee or management trainee programme offered by the employers after graduation.
- Graduates are competent to develop their careers in the hotel and catering industry in Hong Kong, Macau, Mainland China and overseas.
Professional Core Modules
- WIL - Front Office Operations with Smart Service
- WIL - Housekeeping Operations with Smart Service
- WIL - Food and Beverage Service Principles and Practice
- Smart Service Design
- Digital Visualization for Hotels
- Smart Design for Hotels
VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / class venue(s) before class commencement if circumstances so warrant.
Graduates can pursue relevant top-up degrees locally or overseas. They can apply for admission to the top-up degree programme offered by the Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi), a member institution of VTC, or the top-up degree programmes in Hong Kong offered by the overseas universities in collaboration with the SHAPE :
- BA (Hons) in Hotel Operations Management, THEi
- BSc (Hons) International Hospitality Business Management, SHU (*251510)
Application for professional recognition and mapping for articulation pathways to local and overseas universities are in progress.
- Institute of Hospitality (IoH) of UK and the United Nations World Tourism Organisation